When I first started my blog I had no idea of the welcoming community that awaited me and it has been an absolute breath of fresh air. I’ve been nominated for this award by the amazing Lucy Connolly over at Skinny Vanilla so be sure to check her out if you’re looking for some engaging content! Now I’m not pretending that I’m winning any big gold trophy here, this award is for recognising, discovering and interacting with other members of the blogging community and to let them know a little about yourself.
Let’s get down to business! Here are the rules:
- Post 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask the bloggers 11 questions
- Let the bloggers know that you have nominated them
Here are my 11 facts:
- Up until fairly recently, I have always been the proud mother to rats and I think that they’re highly misunderstood little creatures.
- I’m terrified of spiders, to the point where I was once locked in the bathroom when one blocked my exit.
- I’m 5ft10 inches tall and have been since about year 9 of secondary school.
- I seem to be attracted to sparkly and shiny things like a magpie. “Oooh pretty”
- I have two donkeys, Dolly and Darcy that share my East Sussex garden with me.
- I always loved school, I’m a complete geek and proud of it.
- I have an obsession with all of the Master Chef series. From the original UK version to the Canadian, USA, Professionals and Junior spin-offs.
- I have never watched an episode of Eastenders, Coronation Street or Neighbours.
- I seem to collect stationary and have recently discovered Kikki-K. Dangerous.
- I have a goldfish that is over 8 years old
- I love nothing better than to get hands on in the garden and play in the garage with my dad and his ‘boys toys’.
- I am ALWAYS early. I will put aside an hour to make a twenty-minute journey.
Now for the questions that Skinny Vanilla asked me:
How do you relax?
My two favourite ways to relax are to cook with a large glass of red wine, or soak in a hot bath with a gin and tonic!
Where is your favourite place and why?
This is a hard one, I’d have to say anywhere in the middle of nowhere amongst nature. I had a little moment to myself whilst hiking in the lake district surrounded by nothing but rolling fields and sheep it was heaven.
What has been one of your most memorable experiences to date?
One that always springs to mind is snorkelling the reef with my dad in the Maldives. All of a sudden I felt him grab hold of my hand, the next thing I knew a 7ft shark swam beneath us and disappeared off the reef edge. When we got back to the shore I asked him why he grabbed my hand and he replied “I thought you’d be scared” in fact I had the strangest urge to swim off after it.
When are you most happy and why?
At the end of a long day, nestled up in bed with a programme to watch. I like to have my alone time, I feel like I need it to recharge.
What is your biggest regret?
Not spending more time with my Grandpa. I was there when he died and had heard that he’d said how proud of me he was. I felt so guilty that I never visited when I was younger, afraid of the sloppy kisses and smelly cigarette flat. Now I’d take a sloppy kiss and a smelly flat any day to be able to spend some more time with him.
What do you love most about yourself?
I love how caring I am. Maybe a little too caring. I once saw a pathway covered in earthworms and the weather had started really heating up. I spent about half an hour collecting them and putting them back in the grass so that they didn’t bake and die.
What are you most passionate about?
Right now, succeeding in my university finals. I have my heart set on a 1st and now I need to put in the work to make that happen.
Who do you admire?
I see things to admire in almost everyone.
What are you obsessed with right now?
Gym wear! I want to buy it all but my bank balance is not agreeing with me on that.
Why did you start blogging?
To explore my creative side. I love to write, I always have and I’ve never found a way to put that into practice.
What era do you wish you were born in? 70’s? 80’s? And why?
I’m so happy to have been born when I was, in the 1990’s. There are things that I love about the Downton Abbey 1910/1920’s but when you think about how far women’s rights have come, gay rights, equality etc I wouldn’t want to be living at any other time. In fact, I’d want to look forward to the future.
- Becca – It’s Becca Jayne
- Zara – It’s all Zara
- Kate – It’s Kate Rose
- Gabby – Gabby Fabrizio
- Abby – Abbey Louisa Rose
- Chloe – What Chloe Wrote
- Jessica – Jessica’s Life
- Saffron – Saffron Watson
- Abbie – Afababulous Life
- John – Johns Road to Volunteering
- Sophie – Sophieannetaylor
And here are your questions should you wish to participate!!
- If you were a colour, what would it be?
- Most memorable meal and why?
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
- You’re on a desert island and can only have 5 possessions, what would they be?
- How do you spend your free time?
- What are you most afraid of?
- What age do you feel right now?
- What is a skill that you’ve learnt and are proud of?
- What is your favourite blog post that you’ve written?
- Breakfast, lunch or dinner? Which is your favourite?
- Why did the chicken cross the road?
I hope you enjoyed learning a bit more about me! You are by no means obligated to participate by being nominated, it’s just a bit of fun and a way to help promote each other. I hope you have a fantastic rest of the day!
Love Sophia xx